1721- 1734 The mill was built as a tidal-powered grist mill
1735-1827 Various owners
1827 Henry Slade acquired a share of the mill and
began to grind snuff as well as corn
1837 Slade’s sons, David and Levi, joined the business
and started to grind spices.
1850 - mid-1900s D&L Slade Company became the largest producer
of spices in New England and an important part of Asian trade with
1918 D&L Slade Company acquired Bell’s Seasonings and consolidated manufacturing at the mill
1932 The mill was converted to electricity
1972 The mill was added to the National Register of Historic Places.